The Community Futures Eastern Ontario (CFEO) Network Peer Councils bring CFEO member subject matter experts together to exchange information, ideas, and insights. Members meet regularly in facilitated peer groups. The peer group model ensures a high level of commitment and accountability which offers valuable opportunities to benchmark, share best practices and participate in solution-seeking discussions.
The Councils are most effective when the members themselves drive the agenda. Meetings are highly interactive, and participants are expected to share their experiences on various topics relevant to their roles. The confidential nature of the discussions allows members to seek frank advice related to the ongoing operations and growth of their businesses. These real time business issues discussions challenge the expertise of the participants and provide excellent learning opportunities.
The councils are open to staff from CFEO member CFDCs and are coordinated and guided by a Network facilitator who has expertise that is directly relevant to the Council. Groups also gain access to trusted third party subject matter experts through guest speakers and training opportunities relevant to the Council.
Key benefits for Peer Council participants include:
- Broadening your perspective and developing critical thinking, communication and leadership skills;
- Increasing knowledge and getting high level advice potentially not available in your own organization:
- Building new networks and business relationships; and
- Generating ideas and problem solving expertise to take back to your organization.
PEER COUNCILS ARE OFFERED IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
- Executive Director / General Manager - meets the 1st Tuesday of each month
- Loans Managers - meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month except July, August and December.
- Marketing & Communications (MARCOM) 4th Thursday of each month
- CFDC Board Chairs (CHAIRS) 2nd Thursday of each month
- Administration - Meets quarterly, 1st Thursday of the month